Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Why I've Been Away and Why I'm Coming Back

So, I've been away for a very long time. I've abandoned my blog, my friends, my life...everything. Truth is, my dad was diagnosed with bladder cancer 2 years ago and it was at it's very worst stage. It began with many surgeries to remove tumors that just kept growing back, so they had no choice but to remove his bladder and begin chemotherapy. He was 1 in 1000 people to be allergic but had no choice but to proceed. Lots of hospitalization due to blood transfusions, heart attack and blood infection as a result. I've been spending all my time with family helping him battle this terrible disease.


Thursday Jun 11, 2015, we went to his doctor's appointment to find out the results of all that chemo, hospitalization and fighting. HE BEAT IT. I think I've announced this about 1 million times since we found out and it's still just as exhilarating as it was in the beginning. To be honest, we were prepared for the worst, but instead we were given a miracle. All the prayers, positive energy and support we received from family and friends worked like a charm. A big thank-you to everyone from us.


All that being said, life around here is starting to get back to normal. My family is so full of joy and all our hobbies big and small are falling back into place. I want to start blogging again. I have some plans coming up to benefit my readers as well as sharing what's important to me. For starters, here are some pictures of my dad's birthday AND being cancer free celebration.


Our whole family.
Dad's Birthday Cake
Dad Getting Emotional With Everyone
Dad and Us Kids



1 comment:

  1. What wonderful news for your dad and his family. I am glad to see you back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete