Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sunstruck by Mayra Calvani Review



I got a chance to review one of my new favorite books called Sunstruck by Mayra Calvani. This book literally had me captivated from the very first page. I'm not even exaggerating, this book was extremely difficult to stop reading.


Based around a character named Daniella, you are taken on a mysterious adventure with a psychedelic twist. She's surrounded by crazy artists, scary beings and some mysterious character who slashes the zorro sign on the buttocks of women who wear miniskirts at night. Surrounded by magic mushrooms and harsh drugs, Daniella tries to understand not only her own life, but the lives of the people around her too.


Although this book is fiction, all the historical facts and the famous historical people are real. Along with enjoying this book, I also learned a lot. Especially because the facts were so interesting, I felt the need of finding more information. I highly recommend this book to absolutely everyone. I really hope that one day, Sunstruck will become a movie.

Buy on Amazon.com HERE
Buy on Amazon.ca HERE

Website: www.MayraCalvani.com
Follow Mayra on Twitter
Join Mayra's Facebook Fan Page

2 comments:

  1. Dear Stephanie,
    Thanks so much for the wonderful review! I'm so glad you enjoyed the book! :-)
    Best,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete